Career – Quick Facts
Annual (Gross) Salary:
1. What year did you graduate secondary school?
2. What is your current job title?
3. Where and for whom do you currently work for now?
– I work for maintenance company on the oil sands of Alberta
4. What inspired you to pursue your career?
– being physical and making money at the same time. Learning a trade where you can work anywhere in the world
5. What do you love about your career?
– Over coming the fear of heights !
Being able to stand on one plank @ 300 feet in the air, look down and say this is awesome!
6. Any negatives about your job to share?
– working in plus 30 and minus 30 sucks
7. What characteristics are ideal for someone pursuing your career?
– you need to be physically fit!
8. What is the most rewarding part of your career?
– you don’t need to go to gym
9. What courses would you recommend to take during highschool to help in your career path?
– Math and P.E
10.Describe your academic and non-academic path to your profession (the more detail the better!)
– long story short
Schooling was not my thing.
Being hands on…so i figured…learn a trade.
11. What do you like to do for fun?
– get my drink on
12. Favourite hockey team or proudest Canadian thing?
– who doesn’t love COLD SHOTS
13. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your younger highschool self?
– do better in school and do things out of your comfort zone.
14. If you are okay to be contacted by students, what contact would you be okay to leave to communicate with you? (ie. email, work number, etc.)
– email me
May I contact you with questions?
-Sure! Shoot an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “Contact: (full name)” and your question.
(Responses may take some time.)
-Sorry, not at this time.
To editor: please remember to:
1. set a post featured image (done from dashboard -> posts -> set featured image -> use mentor’s profile photo)
2. set tags for search function (done from dashboard -> posts -> set tags)