Career – Quick Facts
Career Path: e.g. post-secondary, second year entry
Annual (Gross) Salary: e.g. $75,000 – $120,000 CDN
Canadian Schools offering Pharmacy: e.g. UBC, U-Alberta, U-Toronto, U-Manitoba, U-Saskatchewan, U-Waterloo, Laval, U-Montreal, Memorial, Dalhousie
Common Job Fields: e.g. Retail, Hospital, Government, Industrial
1. What year did you graduate secondary school?
2. What is your current job title?
3. Where and for whom do you currently work for now?
– Shoppers Drug Mart in Vancouver
4. What inspired you to pursue your career?
– Helping others
5. What do you love about your career?
– Being an accessible profession, I am able to consult with patients and help them make educated recommendations regarding their health.
6. Any negatives about your job to share?
– Working in the community I get asked a lot where the toilet paper is… =
7. What characteristics are ideal for someone pursuing your career?
– Positive attitude, motivated, ability to keep learning, willingness to go the extra mile for their patients (whether that is customer service or doing additional research to help with their health needs).
8. What is the most rewarding part of your career?
– When you have made a true impact in your patients’ life
9. What courses would you recommend to take during highschool to help in your career path?
– Chemistry and Biology
10.Describe your academic and non-academic path to your profession (the more detail the better!)
– Graduated high school in 2005. Attending UBC as a General Science Undergraduate for 2 years. Applied and got into the Pharmaceutical Science program at UBC after 2nd year. Graduated with a BSC Pharm degree in 2011.
11. What do you like to do for fun?
– Right now I am learning how to swim. It was challenging for me but I am getting better every week! I also enjoy hiking/camping and just hanging out with my friends.
12. Favourite hockey team or proudest Canadian thing?
– Vancouver Canucks
Proudest Canadian thing: is how AWESOME and friendly Canadians are!
13. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your younger highschool self?
– Travel every chance you get!
14. If you are okay to be contacted by students, what contact would you be okay to leave to communicate with you? (ie. email, work number, etc.)
May I contact you with questions?
-Sure! Shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Contact: (full name)” and your question.
(Responses may take some time.)
-Sorry, not at this time.
To editor: please remember to:
1. set a post featured image (done from dashboard -> posts -> set featured image -> use mentor’s profile photo)
2. set tags for search function (done from dashboard -> posts -> set tags)