Career – Quick Facts
Career Path: e.g. post-secondary,
Annual (Gross) Salary:
Canadian Schools offering Pharmacy:
Common Job Fields:
1. What year did you graduate secondary school?
2. What is your current job title?
– Staff Accountant
3. Where and for whom do you currently work for now?
– EY LLP, Vancouver, BC
4. What inspired you to pursue your career?
– I wanted to build my understanding about different business operations while also having the opportunity to travel.
5. What do you love about your career?
– I love the people I get to work with everyday. In addition, I get to learn new things with each client I work on and I have had multiple travel opportunities with the company.
6. Any negatives about your job to share?
– The work-life balance during busy season (January – March) is difficult to manage; however, if you plan ahead and stick to a schedule a work-life balance during these months can definitely be attainable.
7. What characteristics are ideal for someone pursuing your career?
– Someone who is determined and has a strong willingness to learn. Being meticulous, organized, and able to socialize well with others are also great attributes to have.
8. What is the most rewarding part of your career?
– The opportunity to learn something new everyday is the most rewarding part of my career.
9. What courses would you recommend to take during highschool to help in your career path?
– All business-related courses
10.Describe your academic and non-academic path to your profession (the more detail the better!)
– After high school, I studied at UBC with the idea to pursue a career in Pharmacy. I ended up working at a Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Assistant and realized it was not for me. I transferred to the Sauder School of Business at UBC and specialized in Accounting. I went through recruitment for an internship program at EY, one of the Big Four firms, during my second year in the program. After my internship, I got offered a full-time position.
11. What do you like to do for fun?
– Travelling, volleyball, baking, and going for hikes.
12. Favourite hockey team or proudest Canadian thing?
– Vancouver Canucks
13. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your younger highschool self?
– Don’t be afraid to take risks. Keep trying something new everyday and go exploring more.
14. If you are okay to be contacted by students, what contact would you be okay to leave to communicate with you? (ie. email, work number, etc.)
May I contact you with questions?
-Sure! Shoot an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “Contact: (full name)” and your question.
(Responses may take some time.)
-Sorry, not at this time.
To editor: please remember to:
1. set a post featured image (done from dashboard -> posts -> set featured image -> use mentor’s profile photo)
2. set tags for search function (done from dashboard -> posts -> set tags)