Career – Quick Facts
1. What year did you graduate secondary school?
2. What is your current job title?
– Pathologists’ Assistant
3. Where and for whom do you currently work for now?
– Durham, North Carolina, USA
Duke University Health System – Surgical Pathology Laboratory
4. What inspired you to pursue your career?
– Interests in Sciences, especially anatomy and pathology. Bachelor’s in Medical Laboratory Science led me to work in the Histology Lab where I was exposed to human lungs and hearts specimens and sparked my interests in examining diseased organs.
5. What do you love about your career?
– That I play a behind the scene role in patient care and that what I do ultimately helps with the diagnosis of the patients’ illness and the subsequent treatments they receive. I love that every day is different, challenging, and I get to see a variety of diseases in different human organs. This is also a life-long learning career. I also enjoy the teaching of students and residents how to dissect specimens.
6. Any negatives about your job to share?
7. What characteristics are ideal for someone pursuing your career?
– Attention to details, efficient, flexible and adaptable, willingness to continue to learn throughout the career, interests in anatomy and the human body, comfortable with handling human organs and human cadavers
May I contact you with questions?
Sure! Shoot an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Crystal Leung question
(Responses may take some time.)