Career – Quick Facts
Career Path: e.g. post-secondary
Annual (Gross) Salary:
Canadian Schools offering Pharmacy: e.g. UBC, U-Alberta, U-Toronto, U-Manitoba, U-Saskatchewan, U-Waterloo, Laval, U-Montreal, Memorial, Dalhousie
Common Job Fields: e.g. Hospital, Military, etc.
1. What year did you graduate secondary school?
2. What is your current job title?
– Registered Nurse
3. Where and for whom do you currently work for now?
– Fraser Health Authority in New Westminster at Royal Colombian Hospital
4. What inspired you to pursue your career?
– It has always been something I wanted to do. Being able to help people and knowing that people appreciate all the things you do is a pretty special feeling.
5. What do you love about your career?
– I love my career because it opens doors to more opportunities. Being a registered nurse means you can work at the bedside with patients, doing home visits, seeing patients in offices or even becoming an educator . The list goes on so you can find out what’s best for you.
6. Any negatives about your job to share?
– Everyday is different. There are good days and bad, but fortunately I work with a good team of people and we all get through the good and bad together. It is definitely challenging and stressful at times.
7. What characteristics are ideal for someone pursuing your career?
– Someone who would like to challenge themselves in difficult situations, patient and a team player.
8. What is the most rewarding part of your career?
– Just knowing that you made a difference in someone’s life means the world. It makes a bad day a lot better.
9. What courses would you recommend to take during highschool to help in your career path?
– I think Math and English would help with prerequisites in the program.
10.Describe your academic and non-academic path to your profession (the more detail the better!)
– I attended Langara College for the nursing program. At the time it consisted of 10 semesters. 3 of those were clinical experiences and hospital, including your preceptorship. In addition to the nursing courses, I remember taking Biology and English.
11. What do you like to do for fun?
– Spend time with my kids and SLEEP.
12. Favourite hockey team or proudest Canadian thing?
– I am proud to be Canadian.
13. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your younger highschool self?
14. If you are okay to be contacted by students, what contact would you be okay to leave to communicate with you? (ie. email, work number, etc.)
May I contact you with questions?
-Sure! Shoot an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line “Contact: (full name)” and your question.
(Responses may take some time.)
-Sorry, not at this time.
To editor: please remember to:
1. set a post featured image (done from dashboard -> posts -> set featured image -> use mentor’s profile photo)
2. set tags for search function (done from dashboard -> posts -> set tags)